Thursday, August 18, 2016

Your true friend 
Smile, would you?
Care for me, will you?
Die for me? Can you?
I love you :


Who do you think is your true friend? The boy sitting next to you during your lectures or a girl with whom you wish to spend your life? Difference of opinion?

I visited my hometown Chandigarh after a gap. There was a white colored dog who used to roam around the streets and would always have glitters in its eyes when that lovely creature used to see me. Mark the word - Always (I am straight). Reason is pretty simple. You feed them and they would ensure their friendship throughout their life, the dog gang. No, it is not a give and take relationship. I came to Mumbai and lived a new life. I am sure HE must have been provided with HIS daily bread and milk while i am here. Wondering why i am suddenly stressing on HE and HIS? He's a part of a brotherhood now.

The very first day i visited Chandigarh and turned to my lane, he ran as fast as he could and started licking my shoes. His excitement levels were higher than mine during the last minute of a Chelsea vs Manchester United game. He accompanied me to my home and as usual, i gave him his daily milk and bread. He would not eat it. Why? because there was no butter on the bread. These creatures have their own tantrums( Ha Ha!)

Jokes aside. Think again. Who actually is your true friend? Can you really imagine someone who would be as excited as that dog to see you after a month even when you lost all the contact with the person? Do not bring your father or your mother into it. Mark the question again - Your true friend. People usually argue that their best friends are their mothers and fathers. Fair enough, but we are not talking about that here. The level of thinking required here is beyond family relations. Nature comes into action here. One must feel the love and emotion that our surroundings show for us, be it animals, flowers, air, water or the sunshine.

I still ask you, who actually is your true friend? Think again.

If you have an answer, you can mail me at arshchd@gmail.com. I would love to read your replies and interact with a bunch of truthful souls.

Signing off.
Arsh

No comments:

Post a Comment